:db/noHistory
Jake Pearson
2013-08-13 20:45:41 UTC
We set :db/noHistory to true on an attribute, made a few changes, then read
the history back out. We always got back all the old values. We are
testing this on the in memory database with version 0.8.4020.26 of Datomic.
Is this feature working correctly? Does it keep history for a while and
throw away the history after compaction or some other job? Any ideas?

thanks,
Jake
Stuart Halloway
2013-08-18 14:26:12 UTC
Hi Jake,

:db/noHistory is not a logical property of your data, it is only a storage
optimization hint. The memory database has no storage, so :db/noHistory is
irrelevant. We are updating the docs to make this clear.

Separately, there is a defect with the compaction of :db/noHistory
attributes that can allow them to stick around. This will be fixed in an
upcoming release.

Stu
Hi,